Description: This is a healthy comfort food for a cold wet day. The onion, garlic, and leek all provide healthy prebiotics to aid with digestion. You can double this recipe up if you would like leftovers or have a family of four.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 leek chopped, White only
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 Large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 stock fresh parsley chopped
- In large stock pot add oil and cook onion, garlic, and chopped leek over medium heat until softened.
- Add chopped mushroom caps and cook for another 3-4 mins. Pour stock into pot adding fresh thyme.
- Let soup simmer for 15 mins before removing thyme from pot. Carefully blend soup in batches and return to the pot.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and cream, adjusting seasoning as needed. Serve garnish with fresh parsley.
Let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!